It's been a fire storm of drama and bad news around here lately. Lots of family, friend, and financial issues which seem to be coming to a head and ready to blow at any moment. I'm linking up with the ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter and have been looking for the contextment of contentment in everyday life this past week!
I've been trying to set a new morning routine, what with Little Shaver getting on the bus this year and our new addition Scout. After getting Shaver on the bus in the morning and Scout down for a nap, Madeline Ann and I have been spending our mornings on the front deck enjoying coffee and sunlight. She's so very {pretty}.
A rare picture of myself and in a {happy} and {funny} moment! Aaron and I went fishing without the kids. As a joke, I put on Shaver's life jacket but couldn't quite make it in. Remember the movie Tommy Boy when Chris Farley puts on David Spade's jacket? "Fat guy in a little coat," he sings. Well I'm a big girl in a little vest!
A {happy} and {real} moment in our home--Shaver loves to hold Scout. He's such a proud big brother, and luckily he ADORES his baby sister! Such moments make my heart melt into a puddle and give me moments of such joy that I seem to forget everything else going on in the world.
As a side note, I've been pumping and having Scout feed from a bottle during the day. I'm hoping to go back to work next week. Most of the time, she's quite willing to take any food source available. (My husband has a wet t-shirt from where she tried to nurse from him to prove it!) I struggle between the guilt I feel in beginning her weaning and the relief I feel from being able to share the responsibility of feeding her and more time with Shaver.
This past Sunday, Scout took an amazingly long nap in which I was able to pick up the whole house, vacuum, and sweep and mop, and Aaron was able to accomplish an incredible amount of yard work. Shaver bounced back and forth between us. I looked outside to check on my men and saw this! What a {happy}, {funny}, {real} moment! My son just adores my husband and is eager to help. Of course his bubble mower doesn't do anything to the lawn but this moment is burned into my memory. I laughed, watching Shaver scamper after Aaron, eager to help and please, and so happy to be involved in the upkeep of our home.
Have a great week!

What an adorable Sunday afternoon picture! Hope things clam down a bit for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteWonderful moments :) The one of your tow little ones together is precious!
ReplyDeleteI hope all the drama you're dealing with settles down quickly!