CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful for Friends and Family

I had to do something embarassing.
I had to call and ask my father for money.





I had squirreled away money for my student loans while in preparation for not working while I was recovering from having my baby.
My husband has sole charge of our collective savings.
He'd been spending it without telling me.
Sigh.
Long story short, we had much less money to live on than I had anticipated.
So here we are, sneaking up on October. I'm back at work and we're able to pay all of our bills except my student loans.
I explained the situation to my father--that if I default or defer, I lose the 5% forgiveness of my interest if I make all my payments on time for the first five years.
He agreed I couldn't miss the payment.
He sent me a check.
Then he sent groceries--fresh meats, canned vegetables, boxed non-perishables--with my grandparents.
I could just cry.
It's embarassing.
It really is.

I love my daughter.
I love that my family is willing to help, even when they are facing their own economic hardships.
Other family members have sent help, which has really helped to get us through.
My husband's work buddies have sent fish which they've caught and cleaned.

I am so thankful that we have such loving friends and family who are moved to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!