I can't remember for sure but I think this picture was taken when Evan was less than a month old.
This picture was taken the other morning.
Same child; same dog. Just a little older.
Don't you love it?
I do.
Evan has been making incredible progress in therapy, school, and daycare. He sings all the time. It's so great to hear. He entertains himself by running through his list of preschool songs in the car, including "Ring Around the Rosie", "What's the Weather?", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and "Twinkle, Twinkle". He's speaking in fairly full sentences and phrases, making some deliberate eye contact, and is so eager to show what he's learned.
Eddie seems to have fully adjusted to life in the house. He sleeps between Aaron and I every night. He plays with the blind kitty. He tolerates Evan except when Evan is mean to him. (That kid has been on soooo many timeouts for "No jumping on the dog!!!!") He's even left in the main house for up to four hours when we're gone. No accidents. Minimal food theft (i.e. eating the bag of chips someone left on the coffee table at nose height to him.) He loves to go for rides. It's so much fun to have a good dog.
Aaron is busy working on the yard. He bought top soil and seed last night. I love how much time he spends in the yard and that he's willing to let Evan "help". They have good man time together. I have this picture in my head that in two years I'll have two little boys following Aaron around the yard trying to to help, and Evan will be coaching his little brother. Of course, there's really no proof that this baby is a boy, but I can daydream.
I am getting a bit bigger, but it's as it should be. My uterus measures in accordance to my gestation. My weight gain has been very minimal. I find that I do best when I eat lots of light, healthy snacks. Because of my swelling this past weekend, my doctor suggested support stockings. Let me tell you--they are not the sexiest thing I've ever worn. However, I wore them all day yesterday when I was subbing for gym class and felt much less tired than I normally do after such a long day.
And of course my little Polka Dot, or Ninja Monkey as I like to call it, is doing quite well. Very active. Nice strong heartbeat. I swear this kid never sleeps. I think it's protesting coffee. For the second morning in a row, I had a small cup--I swear it was the smallest cup in the world!--and up it came. This morning sickness seems to be worsening instead of improving.
Finally, I just finished watching Gone With the Wind. I have no idea why I used to think Scarlett was a heroine. In my younger years, I thought she had changed by falling in love with Rhett at the end, but now I realize she really hasn't changed at all. She's the same person with the same goal. She makes me sick.


Totally right on about "Gone with the Wind." But as far as Ninja Monkey is concerned (I think that oughtta be his/her actual name!), maybe s/he'd take more kindly to black tea than coffee? It's easier on the stomach, and it'd still allow mom to get her caffeine
ReplyDelete