Last night, we stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some Easter candy. Evan was looking for balloons and found this. He rarely asks for toys at the store. More often than not, he wants to spend about 30 minutes in the toy aisle playing and experimenting with toys he has no intention of bringing home. However, last night, he dug through the shelf to find this Diego Rescue Boat and asked very nicely if we could buy it. My heart melted and I agreed. He's been playing with it constantly!
This is a picture of a program that Evan is finishing up. It's called Block Imitation. Evan is taught how to build various structures, and this is one that I suggested. We can even add a triangle for a hat or a half circle for hair. Evan often gets bored with this program, so it will soon be retiring to a review program.
I've been begging Aaron to get a haircut for a few weeks now! He hasn't had a haircut since our wedding and was beginning to look ridicuous. I think he looks quite dashing!
A friend invited Evan and I over last night to color eggs. Evan hasn't colored eggs since he was about 18 months, and it was a disaster then! This time around he was much more patient and willing to take directions. He loved changing the color of his eggs and wanted to make them all green--his favorite color! as he tells everyone.
Finally, I was able to get Evan to pose with his egg. It's been well over a year since he would actually look at the camera and hold a smile. This is the first since his two year old pictures were taken. (He'll be four in June, to give you an idea.) He's carefully holding his green egg, which he decorated with green stickers and making nice eye contact. His smile isn't as full as a genuine smile is, but this is a start!

Thanks for leaving the nice comment, I appriciate it alot.
ReplyDeleteYour family is so cute, thanks for being an honest blogger!
Aaron's got quite the Josh Duhamel look going there. Makes me giggle.
ReplyDeleteAnd the little man. He may not be totally ready to smile for the camera yet, but dig the curiosity and amazement in his eyes in the picture of him dyeing the eggs. That's awesome.