I called the insurance company today to find out about maternity coverage. Have you ever asked a question and you instantly knew that the person you were asking thought it was a stupid question? That's pretty much how my whole conversation was. Then I found out all sorts of information about our deductible, how much is covered for prenatal and delivery and oh man! It's going to hurt!
Then I got enrolled in the healthy pregnancy program. I did that with Evan. (It's a program provided by our insurance). They basically hook you up with a nurse line and website, call to see how your pregnancy is going and send you coupons and stuff.
I also ordered Denise Austin's pregnancy workout DVD. For those of you unfamiliar with Denise, she's a fitness lady who has a show on Lifetime and has tons of DVDs and workout videos. She's almost obnoxiously cheerful and encouraging, but I've done some of her workouts in the past and thought she would have a good workout regimen for pregnancy. She's had two kids of her own and looks fantastic, so I feel pretty good about this. It's a good workout and is actually based on a lot of her other workouts but is modified for pregnancy. And she's really into the whole baby thing. "Keep your abs strong! Hug the baby with those strong abs. You're doing something good for you and good for your baby!" The whole thing is baby, baby, baby. I'm just thinking, "Lady, I just don't want to be huge!" 20 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of toning is pretty manageable in a day, don't you think?
Finally, I've been reading to Aaron from my pregnancy journal. We missed a few days and I read them all, and Aaron put his head in his hands and said it sounded like the instructions to an assembly line--that he could almost see it all coming together. I think that's good for him. He went to a private school, and given how little he knew about female anatomy and development, it's my guess that he thought a baby just starts out as a miniature and gets bigger.
Easter Joy
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!