CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

A "delicate" condition

Doctor's appointment last Thursday. The heartbeat was 165 bpm. Aaron and Evan were both there. Evan didn't like the noise. He said it sounded like two snakes. Aaron was very quiet but later said that it was pretty cool. I lost 2.5 lbs since my last appointment.

My doctor said there is no reason to stop laying on my stomach or my back, like so many books and articles say I should. He says to listen to the baby.

I find this comforting. The more I exercise--and by the way, I only missed ONE DAY last week!!!--and the better I eat, the more I realize how many mistakes I made with my pregnancy with Evan. I realize how many women really let themselves go. They don't take care of themselves. My doctor is a firm believer that pregnancy is not a disability or a delicate condition. Exercise is making such a difference in this pregnancy. I feel so much better!

Amazing that I'm 12 weeks pregnant, and this past weekend while I was bartending, I was told that I'm doing a great job keeping the weight off and that I look good. It made me giggle to think that I'm 12 weeks and don't look a day.

I really  hope I can keep up the positivie attitude, the smart eating, and the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!