CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shopping! 22 weeks

When I was pregnant with Evan, there was no shortage of shopping for myself or a new baby. I remember spending ENTIRE days in front of the computer or in the local Target, Shopko, Kmart and Walmart and department stores. Some days I spent way too much, and some days I only picked up a t-shirt, but it seemed like there were tons of things to buy!

I'm not excited to buy maternity clothes, but I'm older, have a more stable income and a husband who's reasonable and willing to spend a little money to ensure my comfort over the summer. I mean, it's shopping. It's stupid, but it makes me happy.

So we went to the Old Navy in Duluth because I had remembered them having particularly flattering clothes that I couldn't afford with my first child. No maternity clothes anywhere. Evan picked out a couple of cute striped polo shirts and argyle socks on his own, and Aaron picked up a few things too. I gave up, hating to ask for help, and casually asked the cashier if they had gotten rid of their maternity department. She looked at me like I was completely stupid and stated that they had gotten rid of the maternity department a few years ago. I returned her dirty look, gestured to my son, apologized and told her it had been a few years since I had needed to buy maternity clothes. Sheesh!

Pretty soon I began to notice that none of the local stores were carrying maternity clothes. No, I take that back. Kohl's and Target carry a very limited number of maternity clothes, all of which are black or grey and not my size. I called around and discovered that the majority of stores are no longer carrying maternity clothes in their stores but I'm certainly welcome to order from their website!

Okay, at this point I'm feeling frustrated. Half the fun of shopping is leaving my house. I like to feel the texture and quality of the fabric before I purchase, not to mention ensure sizing by trying on. Obviously, that was out and online shopping was in.

Aaron and I set a budget, talked about what I'm going to need based on when I'll be the biggest, and I started shopping.

I'm only bartending this summer. I declined to substitute because Evan will be getting more therapy hours and I'm going to be miserable. I decided that if I was going to be big and miserable, I could at least have a sense of humor about it. So I made the following purchase:
Vacation Shirt

This shirt is funny because it's true. Polka Dot is a honeymoon baby. And in general, it's just kind of funny.

I did get a couple of nice, dressy shirts to wear to church. I also bought a couple of shirts that will just look nice but casual. We invested in a bathing suit for me and a few pairs of shorts. (I still fit in my dress pants and a few pairs of jeans but have jeans from when I was pregnant with my first.)

Things that make me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!