Now it should be stated before I get too far that I have the weirdest family situation ever. (That's what my husband says, at least.) When I was 3, my parents split-up. My dad and his long-term girlfriend--who for all intents and purposes I've always called a parent--never married. Then they split up shortly before my son was born. My step-mom remarried this past summer. Confused yet? Good! Okay, here we go!
We spent the last weekend in Lake Nebagamon with my step-mom and her new husband in the home I'd grown up in. We had a great weekend!
Evan woke up Friday morning not knowing where we were. (We got there at about 1 am Friday morning. He had slept most of the way in the car.) Once we introduced Laura and Tim and their golden retriever Cooper, Evan found a spot in my brother's old room to calm his nerves and get it together.
It didn't take Evan long to warm up to Laura or Tim. They're both really good with kids and know how to make him laugh. Lots of wrestling, playing, pillow fights and laughter.
Both Laura and Tim are volunteer firefighters and decided to show Evan the fire trucks at their local station and he had a lot of fun with that!
I can't believe this picture! Evan let Tim pick up and put him ON TOP of the firetruck AND he's SMILING!!!
I think we may have a future firefighter.
He liked pretending to drive with Nana.
My brother Jonathan, Nana and Evan. Evan is a little upset in this photo. He kept saying "It doesn't fit!"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!