CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eliana at One Week

Wow! I actually have a little bit of time to blog today...

My mind has been either flying or nearly comatose with sleep deprivation, so I guess I'll just talk about how life is changing around here now that our daughter is a week old.

We named the baby Eliana, which is Hebrew and means "the Lord has answered our prayers". Aaron and I thought it was so appropriate given the many fears we had and how we had prayed and listened to postpone her induction.

Evan is... adjusting. I think given his autism, he's doing amazing! He gets frustrated that we can't just go to the park or swimming whenever he wants, but we do set aside special time just for him each day. It's not always a lot, but we are maintaining bed time routines, trying to get him out on the lake to go fishing, and giving him special tasks to help with Ellie. He's a fabulous diaper assistant and this morning he helped me give her a bath by washing her legs for me. I give him lots of praise, telling him what a great helper and super big brother he is. I also make sure to tell him how much I love him, ask him for hugs, and praise him for good behavior unrelated to brotherhood.

Aaron, my husband, is simply in love. He loves to snuggle her. When he isn't holding her, I often catch him simply staring at her. I think he's fascinated and infatuated.

It's safe to say little Eliana has us all wrapped around her tiny little pinky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!