CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Full Moon or Pre-Labor? - 38 weeks 1 day

"I am due in 13 days; I am due in 13 days." I keep telling myself this. It's probably the only thing keeping me going at this point.

I have had no back pain through this pregnancy until I hit this past Tuesday. Now I have severe, constant, sharp pain in my lower back and lower abdomen.

I've been feeling "funny". I don't have a bad feeling. I just feel off. I'm not nesting like I was. I've stopped getting things ready for the baby because we are as ready as we're going to be.

My beagle Eddie, the least empathetic dog in the world, has taken to sleeping with his head resting on my belly or hip at night. (Coincidentally, this started Tuesday night.) Does he know I'm in pain? Or is he sensing or smelling something more?

And my calico, Maddy, whom I've had for 10 years now, has been waking me up once or twice a night, (also, coincidentally starting Tuesday), by licking my face right before I have a contraction.

My mornings always start off pretty good. I'm rested, I feel better, I haven't seen anyone yet. By the end of the day, I'm a wreck. I'm in a heap on the bed crying and miserable. I'll spare you the details but suffice to say I'm highly irritable and tired of being pregnant.

I'm suddenly sleeping more. I'm napping while Evan's in therapy and putting off simple daily chores until I feel like I really do need to get up and do something before my husband comes home.

There's a full moon tonight. Maybe my funny feeling has to do with the moon. Or maybe this baby is starting to get ready. I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!