CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Eviction Day! - {pretty, happy, funny, real}

Here I am on my due date, still pregnant. I go back and forth between being hysterical--is the baby going to be okay? Can we hang on until s/he is big enough to be born--and being quietly content--s/he will come out when s/he is ready! Lots of babies are born after their due date. The only reason I get any sleep at all is because it spends half the night kicking me awake, and I take that as my sign that it's okay to sleep. The baby is alive and well.

To keep myself distracted, I'm going to do {pretty, happy, funny, real} again this week.

{pretty}


This is the blind kitten someone found in the middle of a highway last summer. At about a year old, he's huge, and I think his markings are very pretty. I can barely keep from touching him when he's snuggled, sleeping, and looking so pretty!

{happy}

 It rained yesterday, and Evan asked if he could go outside to play in the rain. He was very happy when I told him yes! He spent an hour splashing in puddles, twirling his umbrella, and catching raindrops in his mouth before he came in of his own accord!


 This might be a bit silly, but the dog, Eddie, is the happy creature in this photo. He just loves to snuggle. He actually has his head resting on Evan's chest. Evan was flattered that Eddie wanted to snuggle with him but quite irritated that I was taking a photo.

 Ahhh... Things that make my silly husband happy... Saturday night he filled the back of his truck with pallets. (23 in all.) And he burned them with some friends over. The fire got so big that he actually hosed off the roof--just in case! Believe it or not, he didn't drink at all during the bonfire, but I don't think that pot of coffee he chugged helped him make good choices either.


My mom spent Saturday at the house. She's always happy to see how much Evan is growing and how he's developing. Eventually, we all crashed, and she and Evan took a happy nap on the couch in front of the air conditioner.



{funny}

 My two boys! The blind cat, Captain, and Eddie looking out the window just cracks me up. The cat is blind! Why is he looking out the window?!? (He does have an amazing sense of smell and hearing, but it always cracks me up when he looks out the window.)


 While wandering around a local thrift shop, Evan found that goofy umbrella hat and kept asking me to put it on him. We brought it home for $1, and he's been wearing it ever since.


There is a whole lot of Captain in this blog, but he was just a character this last week. This is a picture of him playing with a giant marshmallow. I watched him jump on the counter, delicately remove a giant marshmallow from the bag, leap to the floor with it, then carry and fling it around like a toy, while stopping occasionally to eat a little piece or clean the stickiness from his paws!


{real}

 This is Evan's first real scraped knee. I mean, the first one that was really like, "Oooohhh...... That hurt!" There's something strangely satisfying about seeing that first scraped knee. He is all boy!




While Evan played outside in the rain yesterday, I stayed in the laundry room....

 catching water in whatever I could find.....


 as the landlord is putting a new roof and ceiling on that part of the house.





He's been working on it for nearly two weeks....



So, there's my week. Now you can all be assured that I'm not just obsessing over my baby's eviction day and I'm still living my day to day life. And I can think about things other than my baby's eviction day and find happiness and contentment in every day life before my little polka dot is here.

For more {pretty, happy, funny, real}, check out "Like Mother, Like Daughter"

5 comments:

  1. My sister and I were both 2 weeks 'over-due', baby's come in there own time.

    Your cat looks exactly like mine. Figaro loves to snuggle and likes nothing better than to have someone sleep on the chesterfield. When I was pregnant, Figaro would sleep on my hip with her head on my belly :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week!
    Happy due date - I hope baby choses to make an entrance soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...here's hoping the baby comes soon! Many prayers your way. Love the blind cat. Wish we had one of our own over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cat - bless you for taking him in! Hope your little polka dot arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your baby has made his/her appearance by now! Your little boy is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!