CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

The First Week in May! - 28 Weeks

This was taken last Saturday night. It's my pup Eddie. I was given a body pillow by a friend, but Eddie is convinced that it belongs to him. How can I argue?



And this is Baby Kitty, also known as Blind Kitty. We got him last August as an approximately 6 week old kitten and have yet to name him. He's completely blind but has certainly honed his other senses and gets around just fine. We've tried several names--Seymour, Seven, Leo, Gnocchi, Toki, Sullivan, and Keller--none of which seem to fit. He's also a real jerk--biting, clawing, slapping--for no apparent reason and goes on many time outs. I think he's just going to go nameless. On the rare occasion that he's behaving and looking lovely, I try to get his picture.



Ah! The long awaited baby shower invitations! I'm planning a baby shower for Aaron and I at a local park. We're inviting other couples and families. I ordered 50 invitations, but we're both feeling like there are people we left out. Maybe I'll make a Facebook event next week for those that we missed. Or make copies and hand those out. I'm actually excited about this. We created a registry at Target, and it was so fun to watch Aaron! I told him what we would need and encouraged him to pick out designs. For example, I said, "Baby, we're gonna need some crib sheets. Why don't you pick out 4 or 5?" And he happily zapped away, looking for what he considered the cutest looking sheets. 

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the invitations are a light orange with polka dots. I liked the blue ribbon on the invitation and decided to make the colors blue and orange. (I've nevere cared for pink much anyway.) I bought light blue and solid orange table cloths and found great polka dot-covered plates and napkins at Hobby Lobby. The menu is light and simple: cheese, sausage and crackers, chips, fruit and veggies, and an assortment of desserts, as well as beer, water, juice and soda. We'll decorate onesies and diapers and have baby name suggestion boxes. I thought those were good activities that men and women could have fun with. And worse comes to worse, the guys make a subgroup and eat all the food and drink all the beer. It's important for me to do this with Aaron. I want him to share the anxiety and skip the awkward shower games.

"Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes! Boy or girl? Nobody knows!"



I also ordered invitations for Evan's 4th birthday party. I'm planning a casual two hour party at my house. We'll set up the sprinkler and kiddy pool, we have the swingset in the backyard, and I'm playing with the idea of setting up my 6 foot tall camping tent and filling it with balloons for the kids to go nuts in. I'm not even going to try to do a meal. Evan is asking for an icecream pizza, which according to Umizoomi is a giant cookie with ice cream and sprinkles on top. We'll do some sort of dessert, gift opening, playing, and I'll send the kiddies home with some goofy cups or some little toy but non-food item.
"It's time to tumble! It's time to play! It's time to celebrate Evan's 4th birthday!"




 Aaron and I had dinner one night this week at Perkins while Evan was at his dad's house. I spotted sugar cookies with a lady bug design on them and had to get one for him. He enjoyed it very much.




Yesterday morning, I was cleaning out my lunch box. Evan found my rice cakes and nutella. He discovered the joy of my gluten-free snacking! He had four nutella covered rice cakes in all yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!