skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Thanksgiving {phfr}

|
| The children made this with the nanny! |
This was the first Thanksgiving I've spent away from my grandparents in my conscious memory. I can't disclose all the reasons but suffice it to say that it wasn't a decision my husband and I made happily. The holidays were quite bittersweet for us. We spent the holiday focusing on the things that did make us happy and were able to spend the day after Thanksgiving with my grandparents.
 |
| {funny, happy} |
On Thanksgiving day, we went to my mother's house with my brother and his longtime girlfriend. (Engaged? No. And I'm not expecting that anytime soon, but I love her just the same.) My mom was so happy to have her kids home for Thanksgiving. It was a quiet day of enjoying my children--entertaining Evan and admiring Eliana.
As you can see, I had to invest in a nice outfit for Evan. He's in the Christmas program at church this year as well as another at school. And I think it's a good tradition for young children to look as nice as the adults on the holidays. There's a reason to dress nicely for the occasion.
 |
| {real} |
 |
| {funny, happy, real} |
We spent the day after Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house. We always used to make cookies on that Friday. This year, Gram was too tired to make dough from scratch and the whole family wasn't there, but that was okay. We used refridgerated cookie dough, and Evan had a great time making "Gingy-bread mans" with Gram. He was so delighted when he discovered that he could use two different candies to make the eyes or buttons. Funny kid!
Gram also was able to spend time holding her long-awaited great-granddaughter. She's been quietly and patiently waiting for a granddaughter.
 |
| {pretty, happy, real} |
Oh, your grandma is so precious with the baby. THAT's what makes a holiday, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHomemade dough or not - those memories are homemade forever!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! It looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving, and your Gram is one spry lady! I certainly can't get up the energy to do anything in the kitchen on the day after Thanksgiving, let alone make cookies. What great memories for you and the children. :)
ReplyDeleteHomemade dough is not what they'll remember - it'll be the gingy-bread mans with Gram. Very sweet pictures with her and each of your littles :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. We have a great-grandma here too! What a beautiful thing.
ReplyDelete